Building Inspections & Code Enforcement
Winter Storm Related Updates
- Following the recent winter storm, on-site inspections are expected to resume on Monday, February 22. Virtual inspections for water heater replacement and HVAC are also available.
- If you need repairs to your home's fire suppression system, make sure the company has a Sprinkler Certificate of Registration (SCR). Also, make sure the individual performing the repairs has a license to make those repairs. Here's a link to the Texas Department of Insurance that provides more information. https://bit.ly/2MbGnHv
- Are you looking for a local plumber or general contractor that’s registered to do work in Southlake? We can help! Remember, the City is not recommending these plumbers or general contractors, but they have registered to work locally, so it may be quicker for them to get the work done! - Plumbers Registered In Southlake / General Contractors Registered in Southlake
- Governor Abbott waives certain regulations for qualified Plumber's Apprentices - read more about the Governor's decision to waive certain regulations allowing a plumber's apprentice to temporarily perform plumbing repairs without 'direct' supervision by a licensed plumber.
Latest Building Inspection News
The City of Southlake continues to conduct all building inspections. However, due to the current circumstances with COVID-19, some changes have been made to the City’s regular building inspection protocols.
Pool Damage from the Recent Storm?
It is likely that if you lost electrical power during the storm you also suffered damage to your pool or spa (motor, filter, valves, heater, fountain or pipes). If you have damage or suspect that you may have damage to your pool and/or spa, view our Steps to Recover from Pool & Spa Damage infographic.
The City of Southlake Planning and Development Services Department has launched a new form for citizens to use to report code enforcement issues. Additional Info...
Assistant Police Chief Ashleigh Casey and Senior Planning and Building Services Director Ken Baker were recently honored by their City of Southlake colleagues as Deputy Director of the Year and Outstanding Strategic Performer of the year, respectively. Additional Info...
As the efficiency of solar systems improves and become more affordable, the popularity of installing them on residential and commercial structures continues to increase. Additional Info...
About Building Inspections
Building Inspections is a division of Planning and Development Services tasked with overseeing the building phase of development by reviewing plans, processing permits and performing inspections. The division mission is to ensure that the construction, alteration or maintenance of buildings conforms to recognized standards for building safety and quality of life.
- Tips on Contractor Selection
- Contractor Registration Form
- Change of Contractor Form
- Plumbers Registered in Southlake
- General Contractors Registered in Southlake
Update to Inspection Scheduling:
Do You Have Questions?
Do you have questions about building services? Let us know. Use our contact form to get your questions answered.
Customer Service Survey
Please take a moment to complete our customer service survey