Code Enforcement

The Code Enforcement Division of Planning and Development Services proactively investigates, tracks, and coordinates zoning and code cases in the City of Southlake. Our goal is to ensure code compliance by educating and communicating clearly with the public to achieve voluntary compliance to create a  community that everyone can enjoy.

Common Code Violations

Click on the arrows below to scroll through common code violations. A picture and description of each code violation is provided.

Parking on Front Lawn

Parking on Grass

No vehicle shall be parked or stored on an unimproved surface in the front or side yard.

Junk Vehicle

Junk Vehicle

A junk vehicle is defined as inoperable, has an expired license or safety inspection sticker, is wrecked, dismantled,discarded or remains inoperable for more than 30 days.



Fences shall be maintained by the property owner.


Tree Limbs & Brush

Tree limbs must be bundled no longer than four feet in length and should not exceed 50 pounds and placed with regular trash.

Tall Grass

Tall Grass & Weeds

It is unlawful for any person to allow weeds and grass to grow in excess of 12 inches.

Oversized Parking

Oversized Parking

It shall be unlawful for any person or owner to allow to park, stand or store any commercial motor vehicle with a rated capacity in excess of one ton upon any public right of way, vacant or undeveloped lot/land, private premises or public place within the City of Southlake.


Trash Out Too Early

It shall be unlawful for any customer to place any container of garbage, trash or recycling at pickup locations prior to twelve hours before the day of scheduled collection.

Remove Trash and Debris

Remove Trash & Debris

It is unlawful for any person owning or in control of any premises to allow the litter to remain on the property after being notified of its presence.



A sound that annoys or disturbs humans or which causes or tends to cause adverse effect upon an individual.  Some activities are exempt from the noise ordinance if occurring during the daytime, such as mowing and construction activity.


Failure to Obtain Building Permit

In most cases, work on a house, such as remodeling, additions, roof replacement, water heater repair, window replacement, and plumbing and electrical repairs, require a permit from the City. 

Code Enforcement Concerns

Reporting Code Enforcement Concerns

If you would like to report a code enforcement concern, please call the code enforcement hotline at 817-748-8331, or you may contact one of the Code Enforcement Officers listed below.
  1. John Roblez

    Code Enforcement Officer
    Phone: (817) 748-8222

  1. Julia Lyon

    Code Enforcement
    Phone: (817) 748-8397