The Engineering Division responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the planning, engineering design and construction of the City's five-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Identifying needed projects to improve and maintain streets, construct water lines to increase system capacity, rehabilitate existing infrastructure and address drainage issues, construct sanitary sewer lines and construct sidewalks and trails
- Reviewing and approving all engineering design plans for public improvements in new residential and commercial developments
- Reviewing design plans for compliance with ordinances, standard construction details, state and federal laws and sound engineering practices
- Negotiating inter-local agreements with outside agencies to improve service delivery
- Overseeing a variety of contracts, such as contracts with utilities for water and contracts with cellular providers for lease space on City water towers
The Engineering Inspections Division works closely with the engineering team to provide input regarding the constructability of engineering designs. The engineering inspectors enforce public works related ordinances and ensure construction occurs per for construction plans. They also inspect, approve percentage of work completed and approve contractor payments throughout the project construction phase. The division responds to resident inquiries and complaints regarding construction, post-construction clean-up and site rehabilitation.
Record Drawing Request
Record Drawing Request are for the purpose of obtaining as-built engineer stamped drawing. Please see the link below to submit a request. If you have any question please feel free to contact Denise Hernandez at 817-748-8098 or Melissa Burnett at 817-748-8621.
Please note that Record Drawing Request are for engineer stamped drawing only. For all other record request please use the Public Record Request form. For any questions about Public Record Requests please contact Michelle DeVoss at 817-748-8205.