Deferred Disposition

Requesting Deferred Disposition

Terms of Deferred Disposition:

  • Plea of 'guilty' or 'no contest' and waiver of jury trial and right to discovery
  • A 90 day probation period (cannot receive any other like violations within probation time frame)
  • Persons under the age of 25 with a moving violation must also complete a Driving Safety Course
  • Full fine paid plus a special expense fee of $25

Eligibility Requirements:

  • You are at least 18 years of age. (17 year olds can request a Court Date to speak with the Judge about this option; however there may be additional age-based requirements).
  • You possess a valid drivers license, and not a Commercial Driver's License.
  • You have not been cited for a moving violation during the past 6 months.
  • Your current citation cites no more than one moving violation.
  • You are not charged with speeding in excess of 24 mph over the limit, nor a construction zone violation.
  • Request is made within 20 business days of the citation.
  • You are not charged with Alcohol, Drug Paraphernalia, Theft, Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Public Intoxication (please contact court for full list).


When requesting deferred disposition, payment is due in full at the time of request. Please see Fines and Offenses for a list of common citation amounts. If you do not see your fine amount listed, please contact the court at (817) 748-8188.

Ways to Request Deferred Disposition

If you are eligible, you may request deferred disposition the following ways:

  1. In person at the Southlake Municipal Court
    Please bring a valid drivers license and form of payment (cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover card).
  2. Online at
    You will need your citation number, date of birth and form of payment (Visa or MasterCard).
  3. Mail in a Deferred Request Form along with form of payment (Check or money order made payable to 'City of Southlake').

Please note: If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, but are still wanting to request deferred disposition, you must set a court date in person or via the mail.