he Southlake Police and Fire Departments have Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians on staff to help you inspect your car seat and to make sure it is properly installed. If you would like to schedule an appointment please contact one of our technicians. The appointment will take approximately 30 minutes and you will need to bring your car seat and vehicle owner's manuals to your appointment.
Did you know?
- Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death among children ages 1 to 10.
- Children ages 2 to 5 who use safety belts are four times more likely to suffer a serious head injury in a crash than those in child safety seats or booster seats.
- Children should ride in the back seat until they are at least 13 years old.
The Car Seat Process
Follow these steps to help you through the process of finding the right car seat, installing it correctly, and keeping your child safe.
- Find the Right Car Seat
- Install Your Car Seat Correctly
- Keep Your Child Safe in a Car Seat