Local Business Report
The City strives to support local businesses as they open and continue to grow. Our free program, the Local Business Report, is an opportunity for businesses to attend a City Council meeting and provide information about their business. To see the latest reports, please click on the Local Business Report tab located to the right. Once complete, the business can use the share feature to place their report on social media, their websites.
Featured Local Business Report: East Hampton Sandwich Co.
East Hampton Sandwich Co. - A refined kitchen and caterer
East Hampton Sandwich Co. was founded in 2012 as a neighborhood sandwich store near where Hunter Pond grew up. Crafting strong partnerships and a sandwich crazed team, Pond began to build something he believed was greatly needed in the fast-paced dining culture of today. The menu at East Hampton Sandwich Co. is dedicated to handcrafted ingredients and quick, upscale service. Today the company continues to grow and bring sandwich greatness to the world with expansion inside the Texas market and ultimately nationwide.
Menu highlights range from an authentic Lobster Roll, Turkey, Bacon + Avocado, Fried Chicken + Jack sandwich to vegetarian options like the Asparagus & Gruyere or the Goat Cheese & Avocado sandwich. For those looking for a low carb option, any of our sandwiches can be made into a salad. East Hampton will also serve beer and wine making this an ideal neighborhood destination restaurant.
Address: 2211 E Southlake Blvd., Ste. 500
What is the LBR?
The intent of the program is to raise the awareness of the business and encourage citizens to visit the business. The program has the following characteristics:
- One PowerPoint slide is used (prepared by City staff, pictures provided by you, approved by business). Generally it will have the business name, location, phone, website, and either a logo or picture of the business.
- The business representative is introduced at the podium by the staff of Economic Development & Tourism and is given 2-3 minutes (maximum) to give Council an overview of what their business sells or what their restaurant provides.
- Optional: Business related handouts can be provided to Council / staff (approx. 10). E.g. chocolate bites for a Chocolate business, popcorn for a Popcorn business
- Optional: Pamphlets or menus may be provided to Council (10) and/or set out on the tables at the entry to the chambers (50 +/-)
- The presentation is taped as a part of the Council meeting and is played on the City’s cable channel for two weeks. All meetings are also available via the City’s website for review if desired and also placed on the main page of Economic Development & Tourism's website.
- The presentations are generally between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. at regular City Council meetings on the first Tuesday of the month at Town Hall, 1400 Main Street.