Local Business Report
The City strives to support local businesses as they open and continue to grow. Our free program, the Local Business Report, is an opportunity for businesses to attend a City Council meeting and provide information about their business. Once complete, the business can use the share feature to place their report on social media, their websites.
Featured Local Business Report: Sampson Jiu Jitsu Academy
Sampson Jiu Jitsu: Fitness - Self Defense - Confidence
Are you looking to build iron-clad self-defense skills while getting an amazing, fat-burning workout that's more effective than any other fitness program you'll ever find? You can expect all that and more when you take the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes at Sampson Jiu Jitsu Academy.
The Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes at Sampson Jiu Jitsu Academy in Southlake lay the foundation for one of the best defensive Martial Arts you can learn. If you are looking to build iron-clad self-defense skills while getting an amazing, body sculpting workout that's more effective than any other fitness program you can find, this class is for you.
Experience Life Changing Martial Arts With Brazilian Jiu Jitsu In Southlake!
Address: 2820 Market Loop, Suite 100
Phone: (214) 998-3310
What is the LBR?
The intent of the program is to raise the awareness of the business and encourage citizens to visit the business. The program has the following characteristics:
- One PowerPoint slide is used (prepared by City staff, pictures provided by you, approved by business). Generally it will have the business name, location, phone, website, and either a logo or picture of the business.
- The business representative is introduced at the podium by the staff of Economic Development & Tourism and is given 2-3 minutes (maximum) to give Council an overview of what their business sells or what their restaurant provides.
- Optional: Business related handouts can be provided to Council / staff (approx. 10). E.g. chocolate bites for a Chocolate business, popcorn for a Popcorn business
- Optional: Pamphlets or menus may be provided to Council (10) and/or set out on the tables at the entry to the chambers (50 +/-)
- The presentation is taped as a part of the Council meeting and is played on the City’s cable channel for two weeks. All meetings are also available via the City’s website for review if desired and also placed on the main page of Economic Development & Tourism's website.
- The presentations are generally between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. at regular City Council meetings on the first Tuesday of the month at Town Hall, 1400 Main Street.