What We Do
An important component of the Economic Development Department, the Tourism Division was created in 2009 to proactively bring visitors (non-residents) to Southlake for shopping, dining and entertainment purposes, and corporate meetings to the Hilton Southlake Town Square, which funds the Tourism Division via the seven percent hotel tax. Since then, the Tourism Division has developed a year-round calendar of activities to attract tourists that includes outdoor concerts, festivals and special events:
- April: Art in the Square (in conjunction with the Southlake Women’s Club)
- July: Stars & Stripes
- October: Southlake Oktoberfest (in conjunction with the Southlake Chamber of Commerce)
- November-December: Home for the Holidays
Mission & Goals
To enhance the quality of life for residents and the sustainability of City businesses through the promotion of the tourism, convention and hotel industry in the City via the following:
- Develop and implement programs increasing patronage of City businesses.
- Support programs and events that enrich experiences for residents & visitors.
- Increase utilization of City hotel accommodations and meeting facilities through strategic sales and marketing efforts.
- Increase Tourism through destination marketing.
- Develop & maintain strategic data resources necessary to understanding return on investment.
- Provide high value services through efficient management of resources.
- Build a positive, productive & engaged workforce that supports the City's mission and strategic goals.
Achievements & Recognitions
Since its inception in 2009, the Tourism Division has aggressively developed creative marketing programs and worked with local businesses and tourism agencies to promote Southlake. Below are a few examples:
- Launched updated tourism website in 2015: www.VisitSouthlakeTexas.com
- Created social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Produce annual Shopping and Visitor Guides
- Launched “Perfect” marketing campaign - 2014
How Can We Help You?
In an effort to enhance your visit to Southlake, please let Click Here and let us know if you have any questions or destination needs.