Trash & Recycling
Important Notice - Effective March 19, 2020
To ensure the health and safety of our community, the following changes are being made to residential trash collection:
- Bagging trash: All trash must be secured plastic bags (not in boxes or other unsecured receptacles) before being placed out in trash cans for collection. Please make sure the bags are secured tightly to prevent the scattering of waste, and that no materials are loose in trash cans.
This does not apply to recycling, please continue to place your recycle materials loosely in your recycling carts.
- Suspension of bulk/brush and yard waste collection: Due to an expected increase in residential trash volumes, bulk and brush collections, including yard waste, are suspended.
Trash and recycling will remain on a regular collection schedule.
Republic Waste Services
Republic Waste Services, Inc., known locally as Republic Services, is the City of Southlake's garbage and recycling provider. Read below for more information about residential and commercial garbage and recycling service in Southlake.
- Republic Services offers twice per week curbside pickup of trash/solid waste. Recycling curbside service is offered once per week. For the disposal of other household items please visit our Disposal of Special Household Items webpage.
- Republic Services also offers leaf recycling during the winter months through its Annual Leaf Recycling Program.
- Establishing / Making Changes to Service - The City of Southlake Utility Billing Department manages all residential trash and recycling accounts. To find out how to establish a new account or make changes to an existing account, click on "Establishing or Making Changes to Service" above.
- Republic Services offers individualized services for commercial properties and businesses. See our Commercial Trash and Recycling webpage for more information.
- Establishing / Making Changes to Service - Republic Services manages all commercial trash and recycling accounts. To establish new service or make changes to an existing account, please contact
Republic'sCustomer Service Line at (817) 317-2424.
- Call Republic Services Customer Service at (817) 317-2424, this number is helpful if you need to report a missed pickup, arrange for
a specialservice such as a bulk collection or need to check your collection schedule.
- For other customer service issues with Republic Services, please contact the City of Southlake at (817) 748-8029.
- City of Southlake Utility Billing (new or changes to residential service): (817) 748-8051