Trash & Recycling
Beginning on October 1, 2016, the new rates with Republic Waste Services will take effect. The new rates will increase by 1.02% for all customers. This increase is consistent with the contract agreement the City has with Republic Services.
The breakdown for a residential consumer is $9.60 per month for trash service, $3.84 per month for recycling service and $1.11 for tax.
This represents a total increase of $0.15 for residential customers for a total rate of $14.55 per month.
Commercial customer rates will also be adjusted to account for the 1.02% increase based on their contract.
Republic Waste Services
- Republic Services offers twice per week curbside pickup of trash/solid waste. Recycling curbside service is offered once per week. For the disposal of other household items please visit our Disposal of Special Household Items webpage.
- Republic Services also offers leaf recycling during the winter months through its Annual Leaf Recycling Program.
- Establishing / Making Changes to Service - The City of Southlake Utility Billing Department manages all residential trash and recycling accounts. To find out how to establish a new account or make changes to an existing account, click on "Establishing or Making Changes to Service" above.
- Republic Services offers individualized services for commercial properties and businesses. See our Commercial Trash and Recycling webpage for more information.
- Establishing / Making Changes to Service - Republic Services manages all commercial trash and recycling accounts. To establish new service or make changes to an existing account, please contact Republic's Customer Service Line at (817) 317-2424.
- Call Republic Services Customer Service at (817) 317-2424, this number is helpful if you need to report a missed pickup, arrange for a special service such as a bulk collection or need to check your collection schedule.
- For other customer service issues with Republic Services, please contact the City of Southlake at (817) 748-8029.
- City of Southlake Utility Billing (new or changes to residential service): (817) 748-8051