Seasonal Collections & Recycling
Annual Leaf Recycling Program
The City of Southlake and Republic Services are pleased to offer curbside leaf recycling for Southlake residents. The leaf recycling program allows citizens to place their bagged leaves on the curb and have them picked up for recycling rather than ending up in the landfill.
2022-2023 Leaf Recycling Dates
- Wednesday, November 9
- Wednesday, November 16
- Wednesday, December 7
- Wednesday, December 14
- Wednesday, January 11
- Wednesday, January 18
Participating in the Program
- To contribute to this recycling effort, place your bagged leaves at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on any or all designated collection days.
- Make sure bagged leaves are physically separated from other solid waste. Any type of bag may be used.
- Acorns, twigs, and other materials may be raked up with leaves, but please make an effort to limit the additional debris included in the bags. Full bags of acorns, twigs, or limbs will not be collected through this program.
- Residents may also dispose of their bagged leaves through their regular trash year-round. This method of collection does not result in leaf recycling.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Recycling your Christmas tree saves valuable landfill space. Real Christmas trees are biodegradable, which means they can be easily reused or recycled for mulch and other purposes. Drop off your bare tree (without decorations or a base) at Bicentennial Park at 450 West Southlake Boulevard. The city will turn the tree into wood chips.
Holiday Grease Roundup
Join the City of Southlake Public Works in their annual Holiday Grease Roundup. Residents will have the opportunity to come and donate their used cooking oil and grease at the Public Works Operations Center located at 1950 East Continental Boulevard for the chance to pick up a free swag bag during business hours. A designated collection station will be available 24/7 from November 14th until January 9th, where donations can be dropped off. Motor oil will not be accepted.
Community Cardboard Collection (C3)
The City of Southlake conducts household hazardous waste drop-off days once per year. Through a partnership with the Republic Waste and Fort Worth Environmental Center, residents of Southlake may bring acceptable items to the mobile collection center to dispose of hazardous waste.
Can't make the event?
All Southlake residents can drop their items off at the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center at 6400 Bridge Street. Please visit this link for additional information.
Republic Services Customer Service Center
*Call Republic Services for missed pickups, to arrange for a special service such as an unbundled brush collection or to confirm a specific collection schedule.
City of Southlake
Looking for more options?
Leaves and brush
- Southlake residents can drop off their leaves and grass clippings year-round for recycling at the Arlington Landfill at no charge.
- Brush, limbs, stumps, and other bulk waste can be taken to the landfill for a fee.
800 Mosier Valley Road
Euless, TX 76040
Open Monday - Saturday
7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Household Hazardous Waste
Fort Worth Environmental Center
6400 Bridge Street
Fort Worth, TX 76112.
Open Thursdays and Fridays: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.