Mobile Phone Numbers Added to the Alert Southlake DatabaseDue to enormous resident feedback from the February 2021 winter storm, the City of Southlake added all mobile phone numbers that are billed to Southlake addresses to Alert Southlake, our emergency notification system. these users will begin receiving emergency communications issued by the City of Southlake by text message, followed by a phone call if the user does not confirm receipt of the message.
Adding these numbers will help us reach all residents with emergency notifications. It's important to know:
- Previously input user preferences will be saved from year to year.
Residents who have already opted in will continue to receive alerts in accordance with their selected preferences. There is no need to update the existing account.
- Residents who have already opted in will continue to receive alerts in accordance with their selected preferences. There is no need to update the existing account.
- If a phone number was previously opted out of the alerts, it will not begin to receive alerts again. If a user has previously opted out of the Alert Southlake system with their mobile number and would like to begin receiving emergency alerts, send a text with the word RESUME to 87844 or login and opt in.
- If users notice a change in service, please call the Office of Emergency Management at 817-748-8903 to correct any issues.
What is Alert Southlake?Alert Southlake is an emergency notification system used to send rapid emergency notifications to residents and businesses in the City of Southlake. We use this tool to issue emergency communication about severe weather, water service outages or other urgent public safety alerts.
Alert Southlake allows you to update emergency notification preferences such as quiet hours or to opt-out of all notifications.
- How does the system work?
- Who receives notifications?
- Why did you automatically add mobile phone numbers?
- What if my contact information changes?
- Will my contact information be shared with others?
- I am hearing impaired and I have a TTY/TTD device. Can I use the system?
- Can I update notification preferences?