Building Inspections Protocols
General Information - All Building Inspections
Please read the following information to help us continue to safely serve the Southlake community:
- During inspections all homeowners, contractors and subcontractors are asked to follow all “social distancing” guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) by locating to a different area of the inspection site or by leaving the immediate vicinity of the inspector.
- The City will offer to the homeowner or contractor the option to provide photo documentation in lieu of on-site residential inspections of water heaters, roofs, windows and certain mechanical equipment (see below for more details).
- Each inspection scheduled through the EnerGov Customer Self Service. Must contain a valid phone number for either the homeowner or contractor. Either the homeowner or contractor will be contacted by the building inspector prior to the inspection occurring to provide information on all inspection safety protocols. Please note that if contact cannot be made with homeowner or contractor prior to the scheduled inspection or if the homeowner or contractor is not agreeable to safety protocols, the inspection will be canceled, and a new inspection will need to be rescheduled.
- Inspections in progress may be canceled immediately by the inspector if any individual on-site refuses to follow any CDC “social distancing” guidelines or other identified safety protocols.
The following residential inspections can occur via photo documentation (in PDF format only) from the contractor, installer or permit holder. Please also include a photo of the house address. Please contact your building inspector prior to sending in photos to ensure all photo submission requirements are understood.
Building Inspection email contacts:
Ernie Aguilar – firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Wright – email@example.com
Mike White - Mwhite@ci.southlake.tx.us
Please call (817) 748-8236 or (817) 748-8237 if you have any questions.
- Overall photo of water heater/location clearances
- Vent tie-in to hood at top of water heater
- Vent at roof for clearance
- Gas line connection with sediment trap
- Photo of electric connection (electric water heaters)
- Verify breaker size (electric water heaters)
- Overall, outside of roof from ground level all elevations
- Vent terminations from outside.
- Type b vents from inside of attic at appliances
- Type b vent clearances at roof in attic
- Overall photo of units inside and outside for location and clearance requirements.
- Photo of equipment name plate for breaker sizing.
- Photo of breakers at electric panel or disconnect.
- Photo of Freon lines at units.
- Photo of electric connection.
- Overall photo of each elevation that have windows that were replaced.