Fire Hydrant Meter Information
Please complete this Water Utility Service Application. The form must be completed online and submitted to the Customer Service office in Suite 200 in Town Hall with a $1,000 equipment deposit. Reflected on the first month's water bill will be an additional $250 water deposit. Once the form and deposit are received, the meter will be released from the Public Works Operations Department, which is located at:
1950 East Continental Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092.
Meter Use Guidelines
Below are the guidelines regarding meter use along with the current rates:
- Water tanks or tankers must have an air gap.
- Only approved hydrant wrenches are to be used on hydrants - no pipe wrenches.
- The hydrant will be opened fully; adjust the flow by the gate valve on the hydrant meter.
- The hydrant meter gate valve shall not be removed, nor is the meter to be altered.
storzcap must remain with the meter at all times.
- The contractor is responsible for loss or damage to the meter,
storzcap and/or the fire hydrant.
- Multiple meters require multiple deposits.
- Meters must be taken to the Public Works Operations Department (1950 Continental Blvd) between the 15th and 20th of each month for a reading.
- Deposits will be refunded 4-6 weeks after the final bill is paid.
- If a meter is broken or damaged, it must be taken to the Public Works Operations Department for inspection. Following the inspection of the meter, the following may occur:
- If repairs can be made on-site, the meter will be returned to you and any applicable charges will be applied to your next bill.
- If the meter cannot be repaired on-site, you must go to the Utility Billing office, submit an application for a new meter and pay another $1,000 deposit. Once the old meter is repaired, the charges will be applied to the final bill; once the final bill is paid, the original deposit will be refunded to you.