Fire Hydrant Meter Information
Please follow the steps below to obtain a Fire Hydrant Meter from Southlake Water Utilities.
- Please complete the online Water Utility Service Application
- Complete the Construction Meter Guidelines form and email it to SWU Customer Service.
- Pay the $2,500 security deposit online here.
- Once you receive an email confirmation from Southlake Water Utilities, please contact Public Works Operations at 817-748-8082 or 817-748-8199 in order to schedule a time to pick up the meter at:
Public Works Operations
1950 E Continental Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092
If you are unable to complete this process online, you can complete it in-person here:
Southlake Water Utilities Customer Service
1400 Main Street, Suite 200
Southlake, TX 76092
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday from 8am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm. Phone number: (817) 748-8051.
Meter Use Guidelines
- Water tanks or tankers must have an air gap.
- Only approved hydrant wrenches are to be used on hydrants - no pipe wrenches.
- The hydrant will be opened fully; adjust the flow by the gate valve on the hydrant meter.
- The hydrant meter gate valve shall not be removed, nor is the meter to be altered.
- The storz cap must remain with the meter at all times.
- The contractor is responsible for loss or damage to the meter, storz cap and/or the fire hydrant.
- Multiple meters require multiple deposits.
- Meters must be taken to the Public Works Operations Department (1950 Continental Blvd) between the 15th and 20th of each month for a reading. Deposits will be refunded 4-6 weeks after the final bill is paid.
If a meter is broken or damaged, it must be taken to the Public Works Operations Department for inspection. Following the inspection of the meter, the following may occur:
- If repairs can be made on-site, the meter will be returned to you and any applicable charges will be applied to your next bill.
- If the meter cannot be repaired on-site, you must go to the Utility Billing office, submit an application for a new meter and pay another $2,500 deposit.
- Once the old meter is repaired, the charges will be applied to the final bill; once the final bill is paid, the original deposit will be refunded to you.