The Southlake Police Department supports and participates in the DEA National Rx Take Back Day. Too often prescription drug end up in the wrong hands and could have disastrous consequences. This program offers a safe and effective way to remove unused prescription drugs.
Take Back days fall on the last Saturday of the month in April and October every year from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. Southlake will share the exact location closer to the dates. Other options for disposal throughout the year are listed on DEA’s website.
All other times residents can come to the second floor lobby at 600 State Street Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and drop off in the safe located on the floor underneath the court clerk window.
- Controlled, non-controlled, and over the counter medications may be collected from individuals.
- Intravenous solutions, injectable items, needles and syringes will not be accepted due to potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens (EpiPens are ok). Needles, new or used, need to be disposed of in a Sharps container, which PD does not have.
- No combustible items such as inhalers
- If pills are to be taken out of their respective bottles, they need to be double- bagged and sealed in a plastic Ziploc bag.
- If bottles of liquids are submitted, ensure the lids on the bottles are tight and secure.
- Do not drop illegal narcotics in the safe.