Winter Weather Recovery

Recovery, Repair, and City Building Inspection Information

  • 3/17/21 - Everyone is aware of the unusually harsh winter conditions we have had this year, but if you are wondering how it has affected your landscaping and what to do about it, the City of Southlake is available to offer some advice. Read more here >>>
  • Did the recent storm cause water problems in your home? You might be eligible for a leak bill adjustment. Give Southlake Water Utilities a call at (817) 748-8051 or use the online form to get the process started.
  • Following the recent winter storm, all on-site inspections resumed on February 22. Virtual inspections for water heater replacement and HVAC are also available. Visit here for FAQs about the repair process - 
  • If you need repairs to your home's fire suppression system, make sure the company has a Sprinkler Certificate of Registration (SCR). Also, make sure the individual performing the repairs has a license to make those repairs. Here's a link to the Texas Department of Insurance that provides more information.
  • Are you looking for a local plumber or general contractor that’s registered to do work in Southlake? We can help! Remember, the City is not recommending these plumbers or general contractors, but they have registered to work locally, so it may be quicker for them to get the work done! - Plumbers Registered In Southlake / General Contractors Registered in Southlake
  • It is likely that if you lost electrical power during the storm you also suffered damage to your pool or spa (motor, filter, valves, heater, fountain, or pipes). If you have damage or suspect that you may have damage to your pool and/or spa the follow these five steps for pool damage -
  • Texas is under a Federal Disaster Declaration, with 77 counties under a Major Disaster Declaration. A link has been set up at to help individuals and businesses that have incurred damages.  
  • Per Tarrant County Public Health, food establishments have specific requirements to follow after a water boil advisory is rescinded. When all of these steps have been performed a food service establishment may return to normal operations. The food establishment manager is the responsible person who must assure that the following requirements are met. Call Tarrant County Public Health at 817-321-4960 if you have any questions.

Garbage and Recycling

Residential Service:
Republic Waste Services is operating on a regular collection schedule. Place your recycling and solid waste at the curb on your normal collection day. Have questions about residential garbage and recycling services related to winter storm impacts?  See our related list of FAQs here.

Commercial Service:
Regular schedules for commercial service resumed on Monday, February 22.

City Services to help you stay informed

We're Here to Help With Your Questions

Have questions? We're here to help! Call our main line at 817-748-8400, email us at, or use one of the numbers below. Phone numbers and emails are monitored Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

We Are Here to Help

Water System Updates

Update 11:30 a.m., February 21 - On February 16, 2021, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) required the City of Southlake public water system, PWS ID 2200075, to issue a Boil Water Notice to inform customers, individuals, or employees that due to conditions which occurred recently in the public water system, the water from this public water system was required to be boiled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes.

The public water system has taken the necessary corrective actions to restore the quality of the water distributed by this public water system used for drinking water or human consumption purposes and has provided TCEQ with laboratory test results that indicate that the water no longer requires boiling prior to use as of February 21, 2021. 

If you have questions concerning this matter, you may contact Southlake Water Utilities (SWU) at 817-748-8051 or by email at Read more >>>