The City of Southlake welcomes the opportunity to recognize residents, special events, programs, and employees on those exceptional occasions which make Southlake a community we are all proud to call home. A proclamation is a formal declaration by the Mayor in honor of a special event. Proclamations for business groundbreaking, ribbon-cutting, or grand opening events will not be issued. One formal presentation copy will be provided at no charge; additional copies will be available upon request.
We look forward to making your event a memorable one!
- All ceremonial requests are subject to final approval by the Mayor and/or City Council. The City of Southlake reserves the right to:
a) edit all requests to reflect the City’s vision, mission, and goals; and
b) decline any request without further details.
- All requests should have a specific local connection with the City of Southlake unless the request involves a special significance to the City, region, or state, as determined by the Mayor.
- All requests should be made through the Proclamation Request Form. Please be prepared to provide complete and detailed information, and sample language, to fulfill the request along with information on a contact person for the request.
- In order to accommodate preparation and scheduling, all requests should be made as far in advance as possible, with a minimum of 10 days prior to the occasion.
- A staff member will contact you once your request is approved and ready. Submitted requests should not be assumed automatically approved.
On occasion, proclamations may be presented by the Mayor or a Councilmember at a Council meeting or an event. Council meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. If you would like the proclamation presented at a Council meeting or an event, please indicate this with your request.
Please contact the City Secretary's office should you have any questions. We may be reached at 817-748-8183 or [email protected].