Residential Trash and Recycling
Important Notice - Effective March 19, 2020
To ensure the health and safety of our community, the following changes are being made to residential trash collection:
- Bagging trash: All trash must be secured plastic bags (not in boxes or other unsecured receptacles) before being placed out in trash cans for collection. Please make sure the bags are secured tightly to prevent the scattering of waste, and that no materials are loose in trash cans.
This does not apply to recycling, please continue to place your recycle materials loosely in your recycling carts.
- Suspension of bulk/brush and yard waste collection: Due to an expected increase in residential trash volumes, bulk and brush collections, including yard waste, are suspended.
Trash and recycling will remain on a regular collection schedule.
About Residential Trash and Recycling Collection Republic Waste Services is the City of Southlake's trash and recycling provider.
Trash Pick-Ups The days trash is picked up in your neighborhood is based on the trash zone you are located in. Click Here to find your Trash Pick-Up Schedule/Zone.
Pick-up times are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Trash bins are not provided by Republic Services and residents of Southlake are required to provide their own trash bins. Trash bins should be 18 to 39 gallons and be made of plastic, metal or fiberglass and have handles so they can be lifted. Trash bins can be larger than 39 gallons so long as the trash contents is bagged for easy handling.
Recycling Pick UpsThe days recycling is collected will depend on the recycling pick up zone you are located in. Click here to find your recycling pick-up Schedule/Zone.
- Pick-up times are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
If you are a new resident to Southlake, when you set up a water service account a recycling cart (either 95-gallon or 65-gallon) will be provided to you by Republic Services.
More Information on Trash and RecyclingIf you need to report a missed pickup, arrange for a special service such as a bulk collection or need to check your collection schedule, call Republic Service's customer service at (817) 317-2424.
To find information on how to dispose of other household items such as appliances, furniture and prescription/non-prescription drugs please visit our Disposal of other Household Items page.
For other customer service issues, please call City of Southlake at (817) 748-8029.
Billing Questions & New ServiceFor questions about your bill, to set up new service or make changes to existing service, please contact Southlake Water Utilities-Customer Service at (817) 748-8051.
RatesRates are updated on October 1st of each year per the City's contract with Republic Services. The current residential rate is listed below.
- Current Residential Rate: $16.14 (tax not included)
* per month which includes trash and recycling services
The rates for residential, as well as commercial, trash and recycling are established by the City's negotiated contract with Republic Services.