The governing and lawmaking body of the city shall consist of the mayor and six council members who shall be elected for terms of three years unless otherwise noted. All places, including the mayor, will be elected at large. No person shall serve as mayor or as a council member for more than two successive elected terms. A term of office shall be defined as an elected period of three years unless otherwise noted.
City Charter Section 2.04 - Qualifications
Candidates. Each person who becomes a candidate for Mayor or Council member shall meet the following qualifications:
(1) be at least 21 years of age;
(2) be a citizen of the United States;
(3) be a qualified voter of the City;
(4) reside and have resided for at least twelve (12) months preceding the election within the corporate limits of the City;
(5) no candidate may file for more than one office or position number per election;
(6) no employee of the City shall continue in such position after becoming a candidate for an elective office. If you have any questions, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 817-748-8016 or the Texas Ethics Commission at 512-463-5800.