Water Meters

New Construction Meters

New construction meters involve multiple departments and developers are required to complete all necessary registrations and permitting prior to a meter set. Please direct permitting questions to Building Inspections at 817.748.8236 or 8237.

Fire Hydrant Meters

Fire Hydrant meters, also referred to as "bulk" meters, involve multiple departments. Please note the following steps:
  1. Under Stage 1, or higher, water restrictions, a Construction Site Water Permit must be filled out and approved by Public Works Administration first. The permit must be submitted in person to the Public Works Administration Office at 1400 Main Street Suite 320.  Allow a 24-hour turnaround from submission to decision.
  2. Contractors should then submit their Utility Service Application with payment of a $1,000 equipment deposit at the Utility Billing Division located in Town Hall, 1400 Main Street, Suite 200 (lobby level), Southlake, TX. Billing questions may be directed to UB at 817.748.8052
  3. With the deposit receipt, contractors then drive to the Public Works Operations (PWO) office located at 1950 East Continental Boulevard, Southlake, TX, to pick up the meter. PWO will outline what is required prior to releasing the meter. Please contact PWO at 817.748.8082 for service related questions.
  4. Reflected on the first month's water bill will be an additional $250 water deposit.

Water consumption rates may be found in the link to your left.

Customer Service Survey

Please take a moment to complete our Customer Service survey and let us know how we're doing. Thank you!