Lateral Police Hiring Program
Please read the information and application instructions listed below to see if you qualify for this program. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sergeant Mike Dunn at (817) 748-8134 or via email.
IMPORTANT: The current PHS form is scheduled for maintenance from 8:00 AM March 1, 2018 - 5:00 PM March 2, 2018. Any PHS forms that are saved in draft mode may be lost when editing begins on Thursday at 8:00 AM. Please submit your PHS before maintenance begins to ensure that you will not lose your application data. Contact Human Resources at 817-748-8064 if you have any questions or concerns.
The following requirements must be met in order to be considered for the lateral transfer program:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a certified Peace Officer. Out of state applicants must challenge and pass the TCOLE state exam before a final job offer is made by the Southlake Police Department.
- Applicants must have at least 36 months of continuous service as a paid, full-time certified peace officer to be considered for the lateral transfer program.
- Applicants must have no more than a 90 day break in service from the time they separated from a comparable law enforcement agency (if applicable).
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's license at the time of hire.
- Must be licensed by the Texas Commission in Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
Police Officer (certified, 36 - 71 months of experience) $63,636.58
Police Officer (certified, 72 - 119 months of experience) $67,480.17
Police Officer (certified, 120+ months of experience) $72,772.13
The Southlake Police Department also offers certification pay in the following scale:
Intermediate - $60 per month
Advanced - $100 per month
Master's - $125 per month
The application process starts with the completion of the Personal History Statement (PHS), that is then attached to the formal application. Qualified applicants will then be invited to participate in a written examination, a polygraph, psychological examination and a drug screen. You will also be subject to an extensive background investigation.
Personal History Statement
The PHS is a vital part of the application process, please be sure to take your time and fully complete the exercise. We have upgraded the process to be a little easier for applicants. You can find the PHS here.
Please be sure your PHS is completed in its entirety, notarized and certified copies of all applicable certifications are included. Your PHS must be attached to your application, emailed, faxed or dropped off in person to Human Resources. Failure to complete the PHS may result in your disqualification from the process.
Forms may also be printed and completed by hand submitted by email to Human Resources or faxed to 817-748-8065 (please attach a coversheet). Notaries are available and free in most banks, libraries and municipalities.
NOTE: All PDF forms are fillable, but require Adobe Professional software to save and upload.