Police Department Careers
Southlake Police Officers perform a variety of duties in the enforcement of laws, the protection of persons and property and the prevention of crimes. They also perform specialized functions in their assigned areas of responsibility.
Get a glimpse of Southlake Police work by checking out this recruiting video.
Now Hiring for the Lateral Program
The City of Southlake is currently accepting applications for the lateral transfer program for certified Police Officers with a minimum of 24 months experience. Please read the information and application instructions listed below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources at 817.748.8064 or Email.
- Police Officer (certified, 24 months of experience): $52,457.60
- Police Officer (certified, 36 to 60 months of experience): $54,412.80
- Police Officer (certified, 72 to 108 months of experience): $56,056.00
- Police Officer (certified, 120 or more months of experience): $61,256.00
Personal History Statement
Applicants must complete a Personal History Statement (PHS). Please be sure your PHS is completed in its entirety, notarized and certified copies of all applicable certifications are included. Your PHS must be attached to your application, emailed, faxed or dropped off in person to Human Resources. Failure to complete the PHS may result in your disqualification from the process.
Forms may also be printed and completed by hand submitted by email to Human Resources or faxed to 817-748-8065 (please attach a coversheet). Notaries are available and free in most banks, libraries and municipalities.
NOTE: All PDF forms are fillable, but require Adobe Professional software to save and upload.
The following requirements must be met in order to be considered for the lateral transfer program:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience as a certified Peace Officer. Out of state applicants must challenge and pass the TCOLE state exam before a final job offer is made by the Southlake Police Department.
- Applicants must have at least two (2) years continuous service as a paid, full-time certified peace officer to be considered for the lateral transfer program.
- Applicants must have no more than a 90 day break in service from the time they separated from a comparable law enforcement agency (if applicable).
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's license at the time of hire.
- Must be licensed by the Texas Commission in Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- Must have the ability to pass all pre-employment screenings to include: a written examination, an extensive background investigation, a polygraph, psychological exam, physical and drug screen.
- Work requires advanced study or training past the high school equivalency to include at a minimum, 30 hours of college from an accredited college or university OR service in the United States Armed Forces with four (4) years of active duty resulting in an honorable discharge.