Step 2

Contracting with a Licensed Plumber and Related Fees

Continue to this step only if your sub-division or street is on the list of areas where the City sanitary sewer is available and/or you have confirmed with Public Works that the City sewer is available to your property. If so, you may apply for a septic-to-sewer conversion.       

What's Next?

After meeting Public Works on-site and receiving the appropriate paperwork, the homeowner is responsible for contracting a licensed plumber within the State to connect the sewer from the property line to the residence. 

  • The City recommends all interested homeowners obtain three estimates from licensed, registered plumbers before making a selection. 
  • The cost of this work will depend on the distance from the existing sewer line in the right of way to the home. This cost is separate from any City fees.
The paperwork from Public Works must be completed by the plumber and submitted to the Building Inspection office for fee assessment. 

Applicable Fees

  • Plumbing permit fee of $75
  • Wastewater impact fee - This fee varies between $1000 and $1,674.63 for 1-inch water meters depending on the year the property was platted. 
  • The tap fee is $1,700, however, if the tap exists on-site there will be an $80 inspection fee. 
  • Call Public Works Administration (817) 748-8098 with questions regarding impact fees.
After fees are assessed, payment can be made online with a credit card or in the Water Utilities office with a check. 

Once Fees are Paid: 

  • The plumber receives a paid fees receipt and provides this to the homeowner.
  • The plumber may begin the construction work to connect the existing City sewer line to the house.