City Secretary's Office
The City Secretary's Office is a service-oriented business entrusted to serve as stewards of open and transparent city government. We are responsible for supporting the legislative process, encouraging, and facilitating civic involvement, promoting confidence through government transparency, and providing enthusiastic service to the public.
We foster positive relationships with both internal and external customers, including state, federal, county, local legislators, employees, elected officials and Southlake residents. We value the customer experience very seriously and strive to make a positive impact on the organization.
The City Secretary acts as the compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes, including the Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act, and serves as the filing authority for campaign finance reports and financial disclosure statements.
Core Services include:
- Provide administrative support to the Mayor and City Council
- Provide excellent customer service and enhance citizen engagement through governmental transparency
- Promote opportunities for participation through boards and commissions
- Manage a responsive and legally compliant system for Public Information Act requests
- Coordinate convenient and efficient municipal elections
- Administer systematic recordkeeping that ensures legislative and historical document preservation
- Ensure agenda procedures are in compliance with the Open Meetings Act and City Charter
- Provide high-value services through the efficient management of resources
- Build a positive, productive, and engaged workforce that supports the City's mission and strategic goals
How Can We Help You?
In an effort to better serve the community and general public, below are questions we hear most frequently, along with links to more information and appropriate contacts (if applicable):
How can I become actively involved with the City?
Serving on a board, commission or committee offers residents a means of becoming engaged in the community. Learn more about Boards, Commissions & Committees.
How do I contact the Mayor and the City Council?
The Mayor and Council are elected at-large to serve Southlake residents. Contact Your City Council.
How do I find out about upcoming elections?
The City Secretary's Office is responsible for conducting municipal elections. Learn more about Elections.
How can I request city records?
There are several different ways in which to request information. Learn more about Public Information Requests.